One important focus of EmPOWERment, Inc. is the goal to provide affordable rental units to individuals and families struggling to find homes available and in line with their financial situations.
Currently, EmPOWERment owns or manages 41 affordable rental units throughout Chapel Hill and Carrboro. EmPOWERment works with people whose household income falls between 30 and 80 percent of the area median income. Any and all subsidies are accepted through our program. If you are interested in one of our listed available units or would like to be on our waiting list for units coming available in the future, please fill out an application and submit it at our office. You only need to print out the Full rental application if you are turning in a hard copy. You will need the following:
- A completed application (can be completed on our website, printed and mailed, or picked up on site)
- Verification of income (pay stubs, benefits statement, etc)
- 2015 income verification Please fill out highlighted portions.
- Landlord Verification Form Please fill out top Resident Information portion.
- Verification of Employment Form Please fill out highlighted portions.
- Full rental application Please fill out highlighted portions.
- $10 Application Fee (we accept cash, check, and money order)
You may download a printable application here: Rental Application